No Products in the Cart
We all love a bit of denim. But the harsh chemicals used and the waste water produced is harming the environment. Indigo dying uses chemicals that include corrosive sulphates that are harmful to marine and plant life, highly poisonous hydrogen cyanide and hydrosulphites that are particularly nasty for the environment.
You imagine the pollution is taking place somewhere else, perhaps you think the rivers being polluted aren’t your own, but every time we wash a pair of jeans we’re releasing these chemicals into our own waterways and water treatment plants! Which begs the question: if these chemicals are in the jeans, what are they doing to my body when I wear them?
So when I heard of a new ground breaking sustainable printing technique called ZERO D, I had to check it out. I took a trip to see the factory in person, and spent a wonderful few days learning and finding out more. ZERO D DENIM, looks just like denim, but look inside the garment and it’s not what it seems. The denim and all its worn/vintage effects have been printed on top of the fabric using eco-friendly printing inks. Have a closer look? Even the badges and pockets are a printed optical illusion...
• USES OVER 90% LESS WATER THAN MASS MARKET DENIM INDIGO DYING
• ONE-SIDED “DYEING” - HAS NO DYE RESIDUE TOUCHING THE SKIN (AS TRADITIONAL DENIM)
• THE TINY AMOUNT OF WASTEWATER IS USED TO IRRIGATE A VEGETABLE GARDEN IN THE FACTORY GROUNDS
• CLEAN, WITH ZERO POLLUTION: THE PIGMENT DYE STUFFS ARE HARMLESS AND THE METHOD OF PRINTING IS SUPER EFFICIENT.
• PRINTED ON SUPER SOFT, CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON
• CERTIFICATES INCLUDE - ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX®
“We are so proud to be the first brand to introduce ZERO D PRINTING to the kids’ market.
We’ve worked tirelessly to develop a collection of denim and a range of printed fun peace doves for babies and children. The doves seemed pertinent, given the war on the environment at the moment! ”